Student Parking Regulations
All vehicles parked on the OHS campus must have a valid OHS parking permit. Student parking is limited to the main parking lot highlighted in green on the map below this article.
Parking permits will be required beginning September 12, 2011. Students must obtain an OHS Parking Permit from the ASB office prior to that time.
To obtain a parking permit students are required to submit a Student Parking Application, signed by their parent or guardian. In addition to the application, students must bring the following items to the ASB office to obtain a permit. The ASB Clerk will check each item before issuing a permit. If the student is missing any item, they will be instructed to apply when they have everything needed to complete the application process.
- Vehicle Registration: The registration for the vehicle the student will drive to school must be up to date. Permits will not be issued for vehicles with lapsed registrations.
- Proof of Vehicle Insurance: Permits will not be issued for vehicles that are not insured when the application is submitted.
- Driver's License: The student must have their valid Driver's License & school ID with them.
- $5 permit fee.
Right click on Student Parking Application to download an application.
PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS
- A $5 fee is required for each parking permit issued. OHS will not issue free replacement parking permits under any circumstances.
- Should it be necessary for a student drive more than one vehicle to school, an application must be processed and approved for each vehicle. A $5 permit fee will be charged for each vehicle.
- OHS parking permits must be affixed to the lower driver's side corner of the windshield.
- Parking permits are not transferable between vehicles or students.
- Purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students should arrive early to school to ensure an opportunity to park on campus.
- Student parking is limited to the main parking lot located to the east of the T building and north of the gym.
- Park ONLY in marked parking spaces.
- Do not loiter in their vehicles or in the parking lot at break or lunch.
- Do not park in the Staff Lots, Visitor's spaces, along curbs or areas designated no parking, handicapped or reserved.
- Maximum speed limit on school property is 10 m.p.h. Observe all posted traffic signs, laws and speed limits when leaving school property.
- Vehicles parked on campus are subject to search. You cannot have anything in your vehicle that you wouldn't be allowed to carry at school.
- The Oceanside Unified School District and Oceanside High School are not responsible for damage or loss to the vehicle or personal property.
- Students are prohibited from driving anywhere on campus other than the student parking lot.
- Oceanside High is a closed campus. Students must have a valid off campus pass or a printed schedule proving that their classes for the day have finished, to leave campus after school has started. All students leaving campus must provide these items along with their school ID card to the security guard at the gate before leaving campus.
- Drivers who attempt to smuggle other students off campus will be suspended from school and their on campus parking privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the school year.
- Students who park on campus without displaying a valid permit will be ticketed.
Violation of the above regulations will result in disciplinary action. Consequences for parking violations include litter pick-up on campus after school, suspension of parking privileges and termination of parking privileges for the remainder of the school year. Violations of the CA vehicle code will be reported to the Oceanside Police Department.